Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Rating: 3/5 stars

**I know I haven't been reviewing lately but I had no time with the holiday season because I worked everyday. Now that i'm done with work and it is a new year, i'm going to try my best with keeping up with reviews.**

Bloodlines is a spin off series from the Vampire Academy series that include characters like Adrian, Jill, Sydney, Eddie and appearances from other characters. Adrian is the main reason I started reading this series. When I found out that this series included Adrian, I knew I just HAD to read it. He was my favorite character in the Vampire Academy series and what happened between him and Rose broke my heart. I was 100% team Adrian. Why chose someone that’s extremely boring like Dimitri when she could have Adrian?! It still makes no sense to me. In this book you find out that he is STILL extremely hurt from it and it broke my heart even more. 

I don’t know how I feel about this book. It was boring and I felt like it was missing something but at the same time I couldn’t stop reading it. It was addicting, just like the Vampire Academy Series. There was surprising twists but some of it was predictable. 

Anyway, I was disappointed that there was barely any romance in this. Lee and Jills romance was just weird to me from the beginning and I wanted something to happen between Trey and Sydney but nope, nothing happened. Even though I personally think Sydney is boring, I hope she grows on me in the next book and that she opens up more. Despite the fact that I didn't find this book as exciting as I wanted it to be, it was a great start for a spin-off series and I have a feeling its only going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment