Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Champion by Marie Lu

Champion by Marie Lu
Rating: 4/5 stars

For some reason, I honestly have no idea what to say for this book so I’m just going to keep this short. Plus, I finished this over a week ago and I forgot what I wanted to originally say. Opps, this is what I get for putting this off.

The reason I started reading this series is because I went the library one day and just picked up a random book that sounded interesting and I’m SO glad that I picked this one. This series is great and will be greatly missed.

This book does not pick up right after Prodigy, it’s about 8/9 months after which was annoying. I usually don’t like books that don’t start right after the previous but it worked with this series. It had a lot of action but at the same, not as much action as the previous books. It had a lot more politics and war, which would get boring and confusing.

Throughout the book I wanted to give it 5 stars but the ending made me give it four. I have mixed emotions about the ending. It felt extremely weak to me. It reminded me a lot of Mockingjay, It wasn’t horrible but it could have been A LOT better. The only thing that made me happy was that Andun and June gave dating a try, even though it doesn’t go into details. I wish there was more of him; I didn’t love him as much as Day but I would have loved to see how him and June were like in a relationship.

Overall, this book was not a disappointment. Marie Lu has really grown as a writer and you see it in this book. I loved all three books, which is surprising because there is usually one book that is not as great as the others. I will miss this series but I am really looking forward to Marie Lu's next series The Young Elites!

No comments:

Post a Comment